Re: ORGLIST: Suggestions

From: Jacob Zabicky (zabicky$##$bgumail.bgu.ac.il)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 11:53:43 EST

Hello,

The idea may be very useful, and the particular example cited is great.
A few weeks ago I wanted to buy 250 mL of POCl3, which is an import
item here, and I met quite a bureaucratic barrier. I had to sign all
sort of declarations through our Ministry of Industry and Trade to get
the reagent. My guess is that POCl3 is a starting material for the
production of some powerful "nerve gases", and there are strong
international restrictions for trading with the stuff.

All the best,

Jacob

Prof. Jacob Zabicky
Institutes for Applied Researcfh