RE: ORGLIST: Suggestions

From: Clyde Davies (deadlyvices$##$hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 13:02:42 EST

Speaking from bitter experience, how about compiling some modern, reliable
replacements for common synthetic transformations? For instance, using
TFAA/pyridine instead of POCL3 for dehydration of amides? A sort of 'don't
do it like that, do this instead' list?

Clyde Davies
(ex physical organic chemist)