ORGLIST: Help needed to purify acetonitrile!

From: paul joshua (pauljoshua_in$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 00:49:46 EST

 Could anyone help me In purifying Acetonitrile .The UV cut off needs to be 190. Iíve tried refluxing and distilling over AlCl3, alk. KMnO4, KHSO4, followed by refluxing and distilling over P2O5 . The product however is not suitable for UV. Could anyone help me better the procedure?
Thanks in advance -Paul

S.Paul Joshua
#1 Grace Garden Apartment
Hennur main road