ORGLIST:Enexpected peaks in 3,4-dihydriIsoquinoline alkalloid analogue

From: vithal jadhav (vbj_chem$##$rediffmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 11:24:00 EDT

  Dear all, I have prepared some 3,4-dihydroisoquinoline analogues alkaloids. In the NMR spectra, two triplets at ä 3.75 and 2.75 integrating for two protons each appear as expected. But a quartet at ä 3.48 and a triplet at ä 2.94 each integrating for a proton are two unexpected peaks. I thought these could be residual peaks of methanol as I crystallized these compounds in methanol but changing the solvent of crystallization makes no difference. Compounds are column purified using 5% ethylacetate in benzene. In IR a strong OH peak appears though my compound doesn’t contain any Phenolic or side chain –OH. Tests for these are negative. Any suggestions in this regard are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Vithal B. Jadhav Research scholar Karnatak Unversity Dharwad Karnatak state India-580 003