Re: ORGLIST:TLC Stain for Oximes

From: Russell Barrow (rab$##$anu.edu.au)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 18:34:19 EDT

Cupric chloride (0.5 - 1.0 % aqueous solution) is a good way to detect
oximes. Spots are greenish in color.

See J Chromat. 12, 70 (1963).

or

Stahl's - Thin Layer Chromatography book.

regards
Russell

Russell A. Barrow MPEdT, PhD, CChem, MRACI
Senior Lecturer
Microbial Natural Products Research Group
Department of Chemistry
Australian National University
Canberra, 0200

phone: 6125 3419