ORGLIST:Recruitment of expert chemists familiar with opioids

From: Kathrine Fernandez (Kfernandez$##$Inflexxion.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 09:27:18 EDT

Dear Members,

With Dr. Joao Aires de Sousa's permission I am sending this email to all Listserv members. My name is Kathy Fernandez and I am a Project Manager at Inflexxion. Inflexxion, a behavioral health company in Newton, MA (USA), received a grant to study the abuse of opioid pain medications. I am in search of expert chemists to assist us in our study.

A portion of our study will look into the ease of extracting the active ingredient from prescription opioid medications. We are in search of chemists who are familiar with opioids and have conducted a number of simple chemical manipulations such as cold water, Ethyl Acetate, Methylene Chloride, and chloroform to help us determine the ease of extractability of 4 opioid pain medications. There is no need to conduct actual chemical tests, we are asking experts to use current knowledge/experience, standard references, the Internet, published and unpublished literature to complete this task. Experts will be paid $1000 stipend for their time. We will email you materials and ask you to complete the activity within 3 days.

If you are interested and have time this week to participate in our activity, please email me your CV and brief synopsis of your background and expertise. Feel free to email me any questions. I would welcome any recommendations on other resources or Listservs to post this opportunity.

Best regards,
Kathy

Kathrine C. Fernandez, M.P.H.
Project Manager