ORGLIST:carboxylation

From: Massimiliano Lamberto (malamber$##$andromeda.rutgers.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 10:06:19 EDT

Dear collegues,

I need to do a carboxylation of tetraiodophenyl-adamantane by using tBuLi
and then bubbling in CO2 gas. Unfortunately I get very poor yields and I
believe the CO2 I bubble in is not very dry. Does any of you know of an
efficient method to dry the gas prior to addition to the raction mixture?
Any comments or suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help

Max

--
Massimiliano Lamberto PhD
Chemistry Department

_______________________________________________ ORGLIST - Organic Chemistry Mailing List Website / Archive / FAQ: http://www.orglist.net To post a message (TO EVERYBODY) send to everybody$##$orglist.net To unsubscribe, send to everybody-request$##$orglist.net the message: unsubscribe your_orglist_password your_address List coordinator: Joao Aires de Sousa (coordinator$##$orglist.net)