Re: ORGLIST:information about chalcons synthesis and derivatives

From: A De (ocad$##$mahendra.iacs.res.in)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 06:25:53 EDT

Dear Sohayb,
Synthesis of chalcones can be carried out following standard procedure of
treating mixture of aromatic aldehyde and ketone with alkali. You can have
a look at our paper : J.Photochem.Photobiol.A : Chem, 2002, Vol 152,pp 41
in which we described the synthesis of a chalcone to be submitted later
to photophysical studies. However, I do not quite understand what you mean
by "derivatives".
All the best
Asish

--
Professor Asish De
Department of Organic Chemistry

_______________________________________________ ORGLIST - Organic Chemistry Mailing List Website / Archive / FAQ: http://www.orglist.net To post a message (TO EVERYBODY) send to everybody$##$orglist.net To unsubscribe, send to everybody-request$##$orglist.net the message: unsubscribe your_orglist_password your_address List coordinator: Joao Aires de Sousa (coordinator$##$orglist.net)