Re: ORGLIST:IR spectra of keto and enol forms of acetoacetate esters?

From: rajkn (rajkn_51$##$sancharnet.in)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 07:43:17 EDT

Dr Lalor:

Pls look up "Applications of Ab. Specy of organic compounds"
JR Dyer Prentice Hall 1965 [real old!];
on page 45, Ir of neat EAA is
given; it contains 92% keto form.
One can see enol-form C=O stretch also
in addn to the ester C=O.
If you could get the
enol-only spectra, kindly let it be known.

KN Rajasekharan
Univ Kerala
 http://www.keralauniversity.edu/knr/index.html