Re: ORGLIST:Palladiummohr

From: Norwid-Rasmus Behrnd (behrndnr$##$yahoo.de)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 14:27:27 EDT

Dear Martijn Slagt,

the expression of "Palladiummohr" is used for elementary Palladium. In contrast to normal
metallic Palladium, the surface / mass ratio is higher and the catalytic activity is
higher - due to some structural defects which may occur in this "kind of foam" and which
are seen to a less extend in case of a polished metal surfaces. As a similarity,
Platiniummohr is used as coating for Platinium wires used in the the standard saturated
hydrogen electrode to reference other electrodes. The later, Platinummohr, is deposited
by electochemical means from solution just before the measurement. It facilates very the
electrochemical reactions afterwards intended.

Best regards,

Norwid

 --- Martijn Slagt <m.slagt$##$syncom.nl> schrieb: > Hello,

> In an old publication from Chemische Berichte (Chem Ber. 1956, 2025)
> the authors use "palladiummohr" (German) in a simultaneous reduction of
> a nitro and acetyl group on an aromatic ring in acetic acid with
> sulfuric acid and H2. I'm not completely sure if palladiummohr stands
> for palladium on charcoal or for palladium black. Does anyone know for
> sure?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Martijn
>

> Dr. Martijn Q. Slagt
> Research Chemist
> SYNCOM B.V.
> Kadijk 3
> 9747 AT Groningen
> tel. +31 (0)50 5757386
> fax +31 (0)50 5757399
> http://www.syncom.nl
>
> This communication is intended for use only by the individual(s) to
> whom it is specifically addressed and should not be read by, or
> delivered to, any person. Such communication and/or attachments may
> contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received
> this message in error, please notify us immediately by returning the
> communication to the sender, or by sending it to M.Slagt$##$Syncom.nl. We
> thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

> your_orglist_password your_address
> List coordinator: Joao Aires de Sousa (coordinator$##$orglist.net)

Bestellen Sie Y! DSL und erhalten Sie die AVM "FritzBox SL" für 0€.
Sie sparen 119€ und bekommen 2 Monate Grundgebührbefreiung.
http://de.adsl.yahoo.com