ORGLIST:Glucuronidation of a compound

From: Devin Pantess (pantess$##$bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 10:51:57 EDT

Hello All,

I an interested in attaching a glucuronic acid moitey to an -OH group on my
compound. However, I know basically nothing about how to go about doing
this. I've spent a few hours online browsing journals, but can't seem to
find a good protocol to do this reaction. All I have to do is add in the
sugar moitey by Glucuronic acid, glucuronosyltransferase and buffer solution,
then send it off for analysis. Can anyone help me find a standard protocol?

Also, Sigma-Aldrich sells many different subtypes of glucuronosyltransferase
enzymes, which one would I want to do this reaction? If you need more info,
please let me know.

Devin