ORGLIST:Sulfonamide Protection

From: Justin Sanders (jsanders$##$student.salemiu.edu)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 13:38:57 EDT

Hi,

  I'm working on a chemical synthesis and have been looking for a way to
protect a sulfonamide group that has to be attached at the begining of the
reaction. I can only find using sulfonamides as protective groups for amines
instead of ways of protecting them. The only way I can think of is to react
dibenzylamine and the sulfonyl chloride, then reductive deprotection at the
end. Are there other methods of protection out there that I am unaware of?

RSVP.
Justin