Re: ORGLIST:protecting the amino group

From: Jacob Zabicky (zabicky$##$bgumail.bgu.ac.il)
Date: Wed Jan 07 1970 - 23:54:15 EST

Hello,

A book "The chemistry of organolithium compounds", Z. Rappoport (ed.),
Wiley, just appeared. You'll probably find that BuLi is quite reactive
towards amines, with multiple possibilities, depending on the substrate
and the conditions of reaction.

All the best,

Jacob

On Thursday, Apr 8, 2004, at 14:27 Asia/Jerusalem, cbiot$##$ulb.ac.be
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Recently, Jaouen et al have proposed a novel and facile metal exchange
> reaction in the organometallic cyclopentadienyl series. (for more
> information, see: S. Top, E.B. Kaloun and G. Jaouen In: J. Am. Chem.
> Soc. 122 (2000), 736)
>
> As the decomplexation-recomplexation reaction involved the use of
> BuLi, I wouls like to know if we need to protect the amino group (NH)
> of the starting material or just add an excess of BuLi?
>
> I will appreciate if you send me reference(s) of your, or someone's
> else paper for that purpose.
>
> I will send a summary to the list, if there is interest.
>
> Thank for your time & consideration
>
> C Biot

> List coordinator: Joao Aires de Sousa (coordinator$##$orglist.net)

Prof. Jacob Zabicky
Institutes for Applied Research
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
P. O. Box 653, Beer-Sheva, 84105, Israel

Phone: +972-8-6461271; Fax: +972-8-6472969
zabicky$##$bgumail.bgu.ac.il
http://www.bgu.ac.il/IAR/Zabicky.htm