ORGLIST:protecting the amino group

From: cbiot$##$ulb.ac.be
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 07:27:56 EDT

Dear all,

Recently, Jaouen et al have proposed a novel and facile metal exchange reaction in the organometallic cyclopentadienyl series. (for more information, see: S. Top, E.B. Kaloun and G. Jaouen In: J. Am. Chem. Soc. 122 (2000), 736)

As the decomplexation-recomplexation reaction involved the use of BuLi, I wouls like to know if we need to protect the amino group (NH) of the starting material or just add an excess of BuLi?

I will appreciate if you send me reference(s) of your, or someone's else paper for that purpose.

I will send a summary to the list, if there is interest.

Thank for your time & consideration

C Biot