Re: ORGLIST:Freezing mixtures

From: Jinane Chaaban (J.Chaaban$##$surrey.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 13:28:06 EST

Dear Nandan,
i suggest to you to put ur flask reaction in an acetone bath and then start adding dry ice until the temperature get stable at -10. you will be able to control it by adding acetone to increase the T and dry ice to decrease it. you can use liquid nitrogen as well instead of dry ice, but dry ice is, in my opinion, a better choice for this temperature.
Good luck.
Jinane