Re: ORGLIST:anisal dichloride

From: samarium Steiner (neptunium$##$gmx.net)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 00:29:03 EST

hi,

they mention a quick washing wit ice water. this and my knowledge to
benzylic halides (ok, this is a dihalide) indicates for a decomposition (e.g.
hydrolysis, once one OH has substituted one chlorine, the compound loses HCl and
you may get again your aldehyde.

also TLC may be not the detection method of choice.

greets samarium

--

_______________________________________________ ORGLIST - Organic Chemistry Mailing List Website / Archive / FAQ: http://www.orglist.net To post a message (TO EVERYBODY) send to everybody$##$orglist.net To unsubscribe, send to everybody-request$##$orglist.net the message: unsubscribe your_orglist_password your_address List coordinator: Joao Aires de Sousa (coordinator$##$orglist.net)