Re: ORGLIST:question

From: Jacob Zabicky (zabicky$##$bgumail.bgu.ac.il)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 19:57:58 EST

Hello Tushar,

Kinetically phosgene would have the upper hand, however, in slow
processes there should be no big difference on this respect. On the big
scale, it is certainly cheaper and probably safer to handle reloadable
gas cylinders than the bulk hazardous solid. On the lab scale, it's a
matter of personal taste, whether you prefer to work with a gas or a
solid; both methods are hazardous and the price gets even due to the
difficulties of shipping back small empty cylinders.

All the best

Jacob