Re: ORGLIST:triphosgene

From: rajkn (rajkn_51$##$sancharnet.in)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 08:02:42 EST

Jon:
You have put it better than me...
Oh yes, I also would love to hear if
any one has some tricks....

Rajasekharan
Univ Kerala
India
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jon Kremsky

  Dr. Tushar:
  No, you can't, although I don't know why. We have done a lot of phosgene chemistry and have tried in almost every case to use tri (or di-) phosgene instead. Sometimes it works, more often it does not. It's strictly empirical at this point. Di-phosgene seems to succeed more often, but we have found that it's not worth the experimental time. If anyone has some tricks, I'd love to hear them.
  Jon Kremsky

    Can we use triphosgene instead of phosgene in every reaction which reported with phosgene if yes than why people still use phosgene in some reaction

    tushar