ORGLIST:Wittig reaction on benzoquinone

From: Gholam Reza. Mashayekhi (javid$##$khayam.ut.ac.ir)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 01:48:00 EST

Dear all
I want convert the carbonyl group in benzoquinone to methylene group. Is it possible
to use the phosphorus ylide? in other statement, I want to do the wittig reaction on
two carbonyl group in benzoquinone and convert carbon oxygen double bond to
carbon carbon double bond (methylene and other olefins)
I would be great thankful if any one answer to my question.

Gholamreza Mashayekhi
Javid$##$khayam.ut.ac.ir