Re: ORGLIST:TLC visualization/detection of nitrile s

From: Jacob Zabicky (zabicky$##$bgumail.bgu.ac.il)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 06:54:41 EST

Hello Daniel,

Without knowing more about the systen you are working on, only a
general approach can be tried. The problem is that stable nitriles are
quite low on the list of reactivity. If your putative nitriles are
relatively simple, a possibility is trying to recognize other
functional groups and reducing the number of candidate spots for final
identification or characterization.

Good luck,

Jacob

On Thursday, Jan 1, 2004, at 21:04 Asia/Jerusalem, Mgr daniel zyka
wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I am looking for TLC visualization reagent specific for nitriles (i.e.
> it should not react with arom. or aliph. amines, nitro groups, azides,
> oximes etc.).
>
> I tried to search many handbooks (including "Handbook of
> Chromatography" CRC press, or "Thin Layer Chromatography" from E.
> Stahl or "Anfaerbungreagenzien fuer Duenschicht und
> Papier-Chromatographie" from Merck among other handbooks) but was
> unable to find anything specific.
>
> I will appreciate any help.
> Thank you very much. Have a nice day.
> Daniel Zyka
>
> Dept. of Molecular & Cellular Biophysics
> 212 Medical Research Complex
> Roswell Park Cancer Institute
> Elm and Carlton Sts.
> Buffalo, NY 14263
> danielzyka$##$seznam.cz
> List coordinator: Joao Aires de Sousa (coordinator$##$orglist.net)

Prof. Jacob Zabicky
Institutes for Applied Research
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
P. O. Box 653, Beer-Sheva, 84105, Israel

Phone: +972-8-6461271; Fax: +972-8-6472969
zabicky$##$bgumail.bgu.ac.il
http://www.bgu.ac.il/IAR/Zabicky.htm