ORGLIST:reduction of an amide

From: stephanie (roulle.stephanie$##$wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 17:09:19 EST

I have a problem!
I want to reduce an amide to the corresponding amine.
I want replace BH3-THF.
I tryed LiAlH4 and REDAl-H (or vitride reagent).
the reaction is complete, but I have an "impurity" in the 2 cases (different in CLHP).These "impurities" (or intermediates?) have the same molecular weight of my start produt.
I don't understand.
Thank you for help me.