ORGLIST: Formulation Positions

From: Jason Green (jason$##$fpcbalt.com)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 08:56:47 EST

Hello Chemists!

My name is Jason Green - I am a recruiter with Fortune Consultants of =
Baltimore. I am currently working on a number of exciting opportunities =
and I wanted the chemistry community to know about them. I have included =
4 job descriptions below for your perusal. I can be contacted at =
410-581-0012 or at jason$##$fpcbalt.com. Even if you're not the right =
person, call me with any advice you have as to potential candidates! =

Sincerely,

Jason Green

      Senior Scientist - Drug Formulation Development

      *Company description
     Our client is a leading global provider of outsourced drug =
development and manufacturing services to biotech and biopharmaceutical =
companies. Their focus lies in all dosage forms, for both prescription =
and OTC products. They are well established, growing rapidly, with 9 =
locations in North America and Europe, and they are publicly traded on =
the TSE.

      Department
     Formulation Development

      Job Location
     Canada - Toronto
      Relocation provided

      Job Description
     You will develop new formulations of solid, semi-solid and liquid =
dosage forms during each phase of drug development. You will write and =
ensure the timely execution of required protocols. You will provide =
technical support to project team members and clients.

      Education Level
     MS or PhD in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacy or related

      Required Technical Skills
     Solid, semi-solid and/or liquid formulation expertise
      Knowledge of FDA and cGMP guidelines
      Good english written/oral communication skills

      Yrs experience
     2-5 years of industry experience in drug formulation development.

      Reports to
     Director of Formulation Development

      Travel Involved N/A
      Remuneration
     TBA, commensurate with experience
      Standard benefits

      Job Code
     AF_10-11-01_sr-sci-formulation

      Senior Scientist - Drug Formulation (Solids)

      *Company description
     This company is a world leader in the development of new =
formulations of drugs that are poorly soluble or insoluble) in water. =
Their rich product pipeline consists mainly of drugs currently on the =
market, which, coupled with their 5 proprietary Insoluble Drug Delivery =
platform technologies, become highly effective and commercially =
significant. Headquartered near Downtown Montreal, our client is a =
public company that is growing and offers opportunity for career =
advancement.

      Department
     Formulation Development

      Job Location
     Canada - Montreal
      Relocation provided

      Job Description
     You will develop new formulations of mainly solid (and some =
parenteral) dosage forms. You will write and ensure the timely execution =
of required protocols. You will provide technical support to project =
team members and clients.

      Education Level
     Ph.D. in physical chemistry or pharmacy preferred
      M.Sc. withe more experience may be considered

      Required Technical Skills
     Solid and/or liquid formulation expertise, including knowledge of =
feasibility, pre-formulation, formulation/process, stability assessment =
and in-vitro data assessment.
      Liposome technology a strong preference
      Project management/leadership experience
      Good english written/oral communication skills for protocol and =
report-writing and presentation of results

      Yrs experience
     2-5 years of industry experience in solid drug formulation =
development.

      Reports to
     Principal Scientist of Formulation

      Travel Involved N/A
      Remuneration
     TBA, commensurate with experience
      Standard benefits

      Job Code
     JHG_12-13-01_Sr-sci-formulation-solids

      Process Development Scientist (Formulation)

      *Company description
     Our client is one of Canada's leading biopharmaceutical companies. =
They use proprietary, as well as in-licensed drug compounds, coupled =
with either of their two delivery platforms to create improved therapies =
for the treatment of Cancer, which are then commercialized by =
multinational Big Pharma companies. Founded in 1992, and publicly traded =
on the TSE, our B.C.-based client has a rich product pipeline, with =
candidates in all phases of clinical research, and products currently on =
the market through major names like Elan and GSK.

      Department
     Manufacturing and Process Development

      Job Location
     Canada - British Columbia
      Relocation provided

      Job Description
     You will work independently and on a team to develop protocols and =
direct new and innovative process development and formulation methods. =
You will interpret and document your results. You will lead and mentor =
several teams of varying sizes, sometimes simultaneously, providing =
knowledge transfer and process-related guidance to more junior members. =
You will also provide input for regulatory submissions.

      Education Level
     MS or PhD in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacy or related

      Required Technical Skills
     Liposome technology expertise for parenterals
      Knowledge of FDA and cGMP guidelines
      Experience interacting with external manufacturing facilities
      Good english written/oral communication skills

      Yrs experience
     5+ years of industry experience in Formulation and/or process =
development and scale-up

      Reports to
     Director of Manufacturing and Process Development

      Travel Involved N/A
      Remuneration
     TBA, commensurate with experience
      Annual bonus
      Stock Option Plan
      RRSP Matching (similar to U.S. 401k Matching)
      Standard health and dental benefits
      Company-paid professional development/training
      Social events (X-mas party, Car Rally, BBQs, sports)

      Job Code
     JHG_12-12-01_proc-dev-formulation-sci.htm

      Project Manager - Pharmaceutical Development

      *Company description
     Our client is a leading global provider of outsourced drug =
development and manufacturing services to biotech and biopharmaceutical =
companies. Their focus lies in all dosage forms, for both prescription =
and OTC products. They are well established, growing rapidly, with 9 =
locations in North America and Europe, and they are publicly traded on =
the TSE.

      Department
     Pharmaceutical Development Services

      Job Location
     Canada - Toronto
      Relocation provided

      Job Description
     You will direct and provide strategic direction to =
multi-disciplinary product teams in the development of solid or =
semi-solid dosage forms, maintaining project budget and timeliness. You =
will be a scientific liaison for product =
development/scale-up/registration manufacturing services to clients. You =
will chair project meetings, teleconferences, etc. You will also provide =
strategic input to the sales and marketing team.

      Education Level
     BS, MS or PhD in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacy or related

      Required Technical Skills
     Knowledge of pharmaceutical drug development process
      Formal business training (ie., MBA) or work experience in project =
management
      Solid and semi-solid formulation expertise
      Good English written/oral communication skills

      Yrs experience
     5-7 years of industry experience in drug formulation development =
and project management

      Reports to
     Manager, Development Services

      Travel Involved As required
      Remuneration
     TBA, commensurate with experience
      Standard benefits

      Job Code
     JHG_12-18-01_proj-mgr-PDS

*The company's name is not divulged until we are ready to submit your CV =
to the company, for the sake of confidentiality. Likewise, we do not =
share your CV with the company without your prior permission.

Jason H Green
Executive Recruiter
POWER Hiring Certified

Fortune Consultants of Baltimore