ORGLIST: hydrolysis

From: Yufa Liu (yufaliu$##$excite.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 09:26:18 EST

Hi all:

Recently I got a problem with the hydrolysis of
2,5-dichloro-3,6-bisindolyl-1,4-benzoquinones. Other
researchers have reported successful hydrolysis of
2,5-dichloro-3,6-diphenyl-1,4-benzoquinones with
sodoium hydroxide (or potassium hydroxide) in a
mixture of methanol (or ethanol) and water. But I got
a messy mixture for my compounds if they don't have
2-substitutes on both indoles. If you can give me any
suggestion or ideas, I would deeply appreciate.

Best regards,

Yufa Liu, Ph.D.
Research Associate
Duke University