ORGLIST: Alkylation of Semicarbazide

From: antonio regla (areglac$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 20:04:43 EST

Dear list members:

I am interested in learning about derivatives of semicarbazide, especially alkylated at the nitrogen between the carbonyl and the amino group. I would like to find a reference on how to do this type of reaction, I suppose a base is needed to deprotonate semicarbazide, and then an alkylating agent is added to it. I have done some searches in Chem Abstracts, however, I have found very little other than patents. I would appreciate any information you may provide on this.

Sincerely,

Juan A. Regla

Escuela de Farmacia, Universidad Autonoma de Morelos

Cuernavaca, Mexico