Re: ORGLIST: info on antidote

From: Fredrik Thorstensson (freto$##$ifm.liu.se)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 06:25:28 EDT

Every hospital in the world use this technique, Ethanol treatment.
In emergency cases you have to use dialysis in combination with ethanol.

The enzyme in the body that decomposes etahnol and metahnol is Alcohol
dehydrogenase.
The affinity for ethanol is much greater than for methanol, competive
inhibition is the keyword.

Pure methanol is very dangerous, in combination with etahnol you can consume
quite a lot, sometimes unscruoplus liquor pushers mix ethanol and metahnol to
make the intoxication mixture cheaper and thus increase the profit.

Convinced?
If not just read an ordinary medical book.

/FT