ORGLIST: info on antidote

From: Samuel J. Ponraj (ponraj$##$md3.vsnl.net.in)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 11:39:22 EDT

dear friends

I live in tamilnadu state in India. mostly in the slums of my state =
people can not afford IMFL (indian made foreign liquor) such as brandy =
and rum. They consume local make called arrack which is prohibited by =
the government. because of prohibition illicit arrack finds its place in =
parties. At times somewhere in the supply chain stupid people mix =
methanol to arrack and it is supplied. Recently in chennai 50 people =
died in two incidents and many more lost their vision.

My question is is there any readily available antidote to methanol.

Also youngsters in rural society consume pestisides to commit suicide =
over love affairs, family dispute and exam failure. Usually they are =
phosphorous based (quinalphos I think). Again is there any readilly =
available antidote. if someone knows an answerI'll be happy to make =
these people aware of.

thanks

sam

PONRAJ LABORATORIES (Manufacturer of Colchicine)

3/169 Main road, Chockanachiarpuram,

Tamilnadu, India, 627 951

SSI No. : 181415072 CST No.: 464521 dated 27-8-99

TNGST No. : 5661877

DML # 1057

 E-Mail: ponraj$##$md3.vsnl.net.in

            samuel_ponraj_css98$##$harvard.edu