ORGLIST: Organic Sn species

From: Nacca_Angelo/mskcc_SKI$##$mskmail.mskcc.org
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 12:17:12 EDT

     I am looking for a test to detect organic Sn species. These species
     are toxic and I have to assure that are below 3 PPM or less in the
     product as found by atomic absorption. Diphenylthiocarbazone forms
     pink complex with Sn and it works well to detect inorganic tin. Could
     you please indicate some spot test (spot test use a porcelain tray
     with weels) that use photochromic complexes to detect organic tin?
     Would be very useful references.

     Thanks

     Angelo Nacca, Ph.D.
     Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
     Cyclotron Core Facility
     1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021
     phone 212-639-7402