Re: ORGLIST: Hydrazine Removal for TLC

From: Kimberley Cousins (kcousins$##$csusb.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 13:49:35 EDT

Assuming that the products you want to view are soluble in an organic
solvent such as ether or dichloromethane, and relatively insoluble in
water and aqueous HCl, I would suggest dissolving the crude mixture in an
organic solvent, and extracting with 0.5 M HCl for remove the hydrazine
(followed by neutral aqueous wash, brine wash, drying with sodium sulfate
or similar agent, then evaporating the organic solvent).

Kimberley Cousins
Associate Professor of Chemistry
California State University, San Bernardino
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
(909)880-5391

kcousins$##$csusb.edu