ORGLIST: Analysis of chirality

From: J.Aires de Sousa (jas$##$mail.fct.unl.pt)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 07:48:54 EDT

Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:02:54
From: "Vijay Sane" <vsane$##$hotmail.com>
Subject: Analysis of chirality

Dear All,
One of my colleague in India is doing his doctoral work on introduction
of
chirality while reducing aromatic ketones. He has a problem of
determination
of ee% in the compounds formed on reduction of the aromatic ketones. The
cost of chiral GLC columns for the above analysis is quite high, US $500
upwards, which he is unable to afford.

Does anyone know of alternative methods of knowing ee % at low
conversions(
where purity of the products formed is low, about 30-35 % and rest is
starting ketone ) or can anyone inform me where such columns are
available
but at very cheap rate or sponsor for the column?

Thanking you all on his behalf
Vijay Sane
vsane$##$hotmail.com
Mumbai