Re: ORGLIST: Measurement of butadiene

From: Jim Sims (jsims$##$ucrac1.ucr.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 11:51:16 EDT

I can think of two methods that might work depending on what you are doing.
 1.Bubble the butadiene into an organic solvent weighing the solvent and
flask before and after
 2.Cool a graduated cylinder (or any liquid measuring device) in a salt ice
bath and measure the volume of the butadiene . The density at different
temps should be available to give you the weight of a certain volume.

>Can anyone suggest a method that can be used to measure stoichiometric
>amounts (~10 mL) of condensed 1,3-butadiene? I would be grateful for
>any and all feedback.
>

>Much thanks in advance,
>

>Pete Hanson
>
>--