ORGLIST: Acesulpham K

From: Jim Currie (jcurrie$##$madasafish.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 13:26:01 EDT

I am trying to do a ring closure in the last step of the sythesis of =
Acesulfam K sweetener
The prescribed reagent for basically a dehydration step is using sulphur =
trioxide gas or oleum which are difficult products re sfaety on =
industrial basis.
If you have any experience of using an organic complex of SO3 other =
than for sulfonation please let me know .

If anyone can help I can give all steps in the reaction including this =
elusive step where I have to use another dehyradting agent or a comples =
that will release SO3 to effect this step
I have no experience of organic complexes of SO3 .
Look forward to hearing from you

Currie Marketing
6 Forest Close
Rainow