ORGLIST: Reduction of N-nitrosocarbamate

From: antonio regla (areglac$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 16:24:01 EDT

Dear List Members:

I am looking for a good reduction procedure or reference for the reduction of an n-nitrosocarbamate, does anyone know of such a reagent? I have heard that Zn may be used or stannous chloride, or perhaps some kind of hydrosulfite reagent. I would appreciate if you share with me any information regarding this reduction.

Thanks.

Antonio Regla

Escuela de Farmacia

Universidad Autonoma de Morelos