Re: Preparation of formamidinesulfinic acid - Orglist Synthetic Letters

From: Paul Thind (cma$##$bluewin.ch)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 07:27:05 EST

Dear Friends,

The idea of publishing useful recipes was discussed at our meeting in
Florida. Members of the ARKIVOC Control Board may have read the suggestions
on this list.

ARKAT Publication will shortly start a new service to receive recipes.

We can use the ARKIVOC Board of Referees to peer review random inputs.
By creating a link with the authors we hope to be able to control quality.
The ARKAT Foundation will create a Template for submissions, and we will do
technical editing and then make the recipes available for online viewing
through searching and index of content and name of authors and reaction
types etc.

The idea is to have high quality and some form of editing when this may be
necessary. Some authors need a helping hand with their english and/or
presentations.

We believe that, in particular, Recipes should come from chemists who have
made improvements to existing methods of prepartions. Ph.D students will be
encouraged to submit recipes.

We are also initiating projects in e-learning for students. If you have
projects you'd like to contribute for free or sell through the ARKAT web
site, please contact me. Development of learning material for all age groups
will be considered.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Best wishes,

Paul Thind