ORGLIST: Synthesis of p-aminobezoic acid and benzocaine

From: Andy vu (andy_vu$##$scientist.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 18:42:53 EST

Dear friends!
I was assign to do a lab report on synthesis "p-aminobenzoic acid and
benzocaine"( human anesthetic). There are several step i need to do:
1. preparaton of N-acetyl-P-toluidine
2. Oxidation to P-acetamidobenzoic.
3. Removal of the Prtective group -(P-aminobenzoic acid).
4. Preparation of benzocaine.

I did this lab quite long time ago, but i forgot all the procedure..and how
the reaction work..please tell me where i can find these procedure..thanx a
lot.

Andy Vu