Re: ORGLIST: Normal odor level in an organic lab

From: Uno Mäeorg (uno$##$chem.ut.ee)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 04:36:10 EST

Hi Joe,

As much as know it is a big and expensive business to determine what is bad
in organic lab. It should be exposed special cartridges (with Tenax GC or
others) for certain time in lab to collect organic compounds. Later this
will be analyzed and accordingly evaluated the situation. As you know all
compounds have synergistic effect for the human body. So, level of
individual compound could be lower that it is allowed by regulations but
together with others it could exceed the safe level. All this is regulated
by law and I hope there is a US standard for that available.

Dr. Uno Mäeorg