ORGLIST: Deprotection of the phthaloyl group

From: ZET97-VANTHUYNE Nicolas (vanthuyne$##$spi-chim.u-3mrs.fr)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 07:54:37 EST

We want to regenerate an amine protected by a phthaloyl group. By using the
classical hydrazinolysis with hydrazine monohydrate, we also found that the
methyl ester group on the molecule was hydrolysed, and thus we search a
method which will avoid this hydrolysis.
Has anyone already used the method with Na2S, described in JACS, 1975, 97,
5582 (S. Kukolja and S. R. Lammert) or other methods for the deprotection
of a phthaloyl group without the hydrolysis of ester groups.

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas Vanthuyne